SPORTS PERFORMANCE COACH INTERN
Train under one of America’s best, Master Strength & Conditioning Expert Coach Duane Carlisle!
Carlisle Performance Systems is currently seeking 3 UNPAID/VOLUNTEER Strength and Conditioning Interns for the Spring Semester of 2023.
The purpose of the position is to provide practical experience in the strength and conditioning/personal trainer field to enable the intern to pursue a full-time career in the profession upon completing the internship.
Please send a current cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references to Duane Carlisle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please combine all three documents into one file and include “Carlisle Performance Intern 2023” within the subject line.
Willingness to work hard, be accountable and open to grow and learn.
Proficient computer skills with a major emphasis on Excel spreadsheets.
Outstanding work ethic and attention to detail.
Bachelor’s Degree candidate in exercise science or a related field.
First Aid and CPR certified, preferred.
In collaboration with the Head or Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach, designs and implements strength training and conditioning programs for athletes and adult clientele.
• Develops sport specific, resistance exercise programs.
• Researches literature relevant to the targeted program.
• Tests and refines programs developed before full-scale implementation.
• Conducts orientation sessions for clients (a) the modalities of physical training to be used for each exercise program and (b) the associated risk management considerations.
• Performs testing of athletes before and after program participation. Prepares evaluations.
• Teaches/instructs Olympic movements, acceleration, agility drills, speed and flexibility techniques.
• Assists in the evaluation of athletes to determine any problem areas (weaknesses, imbalances, flexibility), and in the design of programs to correct problem areas.
• Documents athletes’ workout performance.
• Maintains computer files on clients.
Facility Scheduling and Management
• Assists with the day-to-day operations of the Weight Room including maintenance of the facility, cleaning of equipment, and the setting up and breaking down for equipment for training sessions.
• Follows adherence to safety, cleanliness and security standards and procedures.
• Enforces adherence to weight room policies and procedures for client use of facilities and for risk management.
• Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Lightning Fast Training Systems/Carlisle Performance, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination by race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.